Thread: 64 bit OS..
View Single Post
Old 26.06.2009, 07:54 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post
but its the only thing that someone could tell @ the moment why to use 64 bit for audio apps

test it and you will see using a 64 bit os is just wasting time at this point of time

better stick to your productive 32 bit os untill windows 8 and really be productive and not just testing stuff
Everything I use works very well under Vista 64 using Cubase 5 32-bit. I installed Vista on my new i7 machine with 6GB of RAM to make use of that full 4GB of memory in Cubase. The only thing I am restriced on right now is my inability to use Virus Control with the TI because of this disappointing lack of 64-bit drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonis View Post
Oh and it's windows 7 not 8
The comment was that Windows 8 (or whatever they will call it) will be 64-bit only. This is true, Windows 7 will be the last Windows OS to come in a native 32-bit version. Windows 8 will only include the WOW64 compatability layer, but the 64-bit kernel will still require 64-bit drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
Just get out the midi cables and make some music duder.

64bit will come eventually.
I only use my Virus TI with the plugin and USB interface. Why would I want to deal with the hassle of taking up 2 more inputs on my interface, connecting MIDI (for which I have no old-school MIDI interface), trying to get everything to sync, etc, etc. I could just stick to my plugins. That TI is starting to look more and more like a candidate for eBay.