View Single Post
Old 25.11.2013, 08:59 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
As much as I praise their software, I have give them a neg for something too: the one area I wish NI would improve is their update process. This is not really a Maschine issue per se, as updates are fewer and far between, but once you have Maschine + Komplete Ultimate, the idea of going into service center to see what needs to be updated becomes something you dread. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't require you to download and apply each update as a separate installer, but go a few months without updating anything, and you return to "update hell", something like half a day job of attending installation routines for a gazillion different plug ins and packs, each of which need to be extracted separately and installed. It's probably not too bad if you're making music every day and staying on top of it, but I don't do that.

They need to have just a unified update service that allows you to grab what you need and install them unattended in one fell swoop, otherwise the problem just gets worse every time they add a new instrument to their line up.
I agree there updates are a PITA & time consuming.
On a Maschine note I'm no longer seeing the Maschine 1 projects in the Maschine 2 library. I understand you have to convert them to the new M2 format but have no idea where they reside on my HD OR how to convert them...any ideas? I sent a tech support request off last night but thought I'd ask as I know you have one.