View Single Post
Old 26.11.2013, 01:11 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
I agree there updates are a PITA & time consuming.
On a Maschine note I'm no longer seeing the Maschine 1 projects in the Maschine 2 library. I understand you have to convert them to the new M2 format but have no idea where they reside on my HD OR how to convert them...any ideas? I sent a tech support request off last night but thought I'd ask as I know you have one.
Hmm, I haven't installed Maschine on my Mac but on Windows (at least on my installation) they are under Users/Public/Public Documents, and there is a Maschine Library folder and also a Maschine 2 Library. Initially I was surprised to open Cubase to find my templates still opened the old 1.8 plug-in (I had to update them to use the 2.0 version). I don't think there is anything about the 2.0 installation that modifies or removes the 1.8 software, probably for the very reason you're inquiring about.

I haven't tried converting any projects yet, because I never use the Maschine software standalone, it's always just a plugin in the DAW for me, or I put together the percussion, then pull it into the DAW as audio clips (i.e. kind of using the Maschine as a drum loop composer).

If one of these days I get back into serious track creation (something that has been missing from my schedule lately), I would probably be more diligent about saving Maschine projects so that I can get back to them and edit it, but right now I just rely on the DAW for that.

(update: when I say DAW above I mean Cubase in my case, I keep forgetting Maschine itself is becoming a DAW and an increasingly elaborate one.. but I do 90% of my Maschine stuff with VST only).