View Single Post
Old 01.06.2010, 06:01 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

1. Yes. I don't do house but so many TI owners I know do. Currently sidechaning works in some hosts but it doesn't in some others (notably Cubase), but this is just becase OS v.4 is still new. I don't know about FL, you might want to ask the people at Access.

2. Distortion is one of the TI's specialties, especially with the new OS 4. Not too many presets (or commercially-available patches) take advantage of the new features, but this will soon change and distorting existing pre-OS4 presets isn't really that hard and time-consuming.

3. The TI is 16-part multi-timbral, which is a different thing than saying you can use only up to 16 examples of it. If you use multi-timbrality, you can use up to 16 different patches within a single instance (4 on the Snow.) How many examples of the synth you can use depends on many factors, notably your host, your computer and your RAM. If you have a state-of-the-art i7-based machine (PC or Mac) running a 64-bit OS with lots of RAM (12+ gigs) and a 64-bit native host (Cubase, Sonar, Logic etc., I have no idea whether FL x64 is already available or not, but if not it's just a matter of time before it is) then really the sky is the limit.

4. Again, don't know about FL specifically, but within the two hosts I use Virus Control with (Cubase and Sonar) I've never had latency problems. But I don't use the TI as my audio interface, and I strongly suggest you use something a lot more powerful than that, if you intend to use multiple instances of the Virus. The Virus is still stuck with USB 1.1, not exactly a speed demon...