View Single Post
Old 13.12.2008, 05:09 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

i've had the same issue here - i use my virus primarily in standalone midi mode, as i can't stand to work with even the slightest bit of latency.

i've taken the issue up with access support in the past. the issue seems to be when i'm using complex patches (anything but standard saw/pulse).

i tried a comparison test with a dry unfiltered sawtooth, and the timing was rock solid. i then tried some hypersaw, and the timing went completely off.

so, long story short - if any of the oscillators in a patch are set to anything but "classic", you can say bye-bye to timing. i'm not sure if this is the same case for the C line or earlier, but it has driven me to the brink of insanity on many occasions.

what i usually end up doing is layering a vst-i with similar settings (where applicable) underneath the virus to thicken things up and ensure that at least something is playing back spot-on cue. seems to work well enough. still frustrating, especially since my nord wave is bang on all the time. different architecture, obviously, but bad timing is not something you'd expect in a high-end piece of gear.

hope that helps. happy head-bashing!

paul.