View Single Post
Old 27.05.2008, 05:55 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Ah, finally got it. Found a new dealer that could get it faster. He told me that Waldorf has 4000 units in backorder and that´s why there´s so long waiting times. His next delivery is in 2 months Well anyway the Blofeld sounds amazing. I haven´t had much time to get in depths with it yet but until now i´m inpressed. Maybe i´ll post some samples when i get time. A couple of anoying things (not very anoying but a bit) is:

- There is a multi mode but can´t save multis like on the virus. You have to select new patches when going to a new song. Maybe not a big problem when using a sequenser but if you plan on using it live you better bring a sequenser to change those patches for you between songs...

- The manual says that part 1 is MIDI ch. 1 and part 2 is MIDI ch. 2 etc. but what if i want to layer sounds? I have yet to find out if this is possible (of course there are workarounds ).

- Every parameter is changed with encoders. Sometimes when making fine adjustments it would be nice to be able to step up and down with buttons.

- Allthough the display is BIG and very informative and surfing through menus are a childs play i do miss some more knobs.

- Besides that the output volume is very low even though i have the newest OS that should fix this. Maybe a later OS...

Of course all of this can´t bring down that you get a fantastic synth for 400€ and because of the size of it (i thought it was small in the pictures) it fits into every leftover space on your desk. Nice going Waldorf

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk