View Single Post
Old 26.12.2005, 11:16 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge
Oh well, then you have a manager for your band and if you are big enough an accountant and so on.
There it is... A manager. An equal to the frightening suit man and Mr.Unfair share.

Quote:
Maybe a few bands get together to share these people who do the boring stuff, but they should be answering to the bands as they are the reason these people have jobs.
Bands getting together to share economic resources and employees is called a label.

Quote:
The major labels have got this all messed up so that the bands who should have the power and a say in how they do things have no power and get fucked over as much as the label possibly can.
As I said a bad contract is a bad contract. If you're stupid enough to sign a contract that's bad for you then it's your own personal tear. Don't hit the session musicians, damn it!

Quote:
So you think that we should just give up and never try to make anything better?
I don't think we should just sit down. I mean we shouldn't eat our fellow men's bread. The major labels are going down by themselves. Let's just make sure that the musicians and other crew working on those labels make a living.

Quote:
But that is all the major labels offer. So fuck them, I'm not supporting a business that behaves like that.
If you find a good band on a big label, you automatically assume they have a bad contract? If they have a bad contract and you don't buy the record just because of the label the band is even more deep shit.

Quote:
Not me, but I guess if everyone does it we should just give up and go with the flow eh?
No-one does take extra. Never... Some how it jsut happens. Has to be the elves then.

Quote:
I do try to avoid bastard companies of all sorts, major record labels just make it easy as their product is rarely something I want ;)
Why don't you avoid instead of trying to avoid?