View Single Post
Old 16.02.2014, 05:35 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
No samples in any of them, it's all virtual analogue.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what these things are. In the Sonicstate vid for the TB-3, if you watch right around the 3-4 minute range, he seems to basically say there is kind of a synth engine in there but you can't really get into it and do anything with it. I assume this means you've got a bunch of waveforms, some of which are basic like saw/square and some of them are more elaborate "synth sounds". But you cannot change the way the virtual oscillators "oscillate" in any meaningful way. Even just looking at what's available on the front panel, it looks like there's not enough knobs to be anything like a real VA synth, even an entry level one. Being able to just change cutoff, decay etc is something along the lines of what a rompler like Nexus provides.

I could be wrong but that's what I read into it. If you look at the official spec sheet from Roland, it says "Instruments Preset Patches: 134" and says nothing about oscillators or ability to create your own sounds. Not saying it doesn't have it, just saying that's where I came away with the impression I did. It says I can store up to 64 user created patterns but doesn't say anything about user created sounds.