View Single Post
Old 16.02.2014, 06:48 PM
Pro
Pro

Roland is notorious for using semantics to their advantage...and...does anyone remember when Roland *did their own thing with the MIDI Spec*....and how I think GM2 came to be?

Nick Batt did not hide his DISDAIN for TB3 in his review. Yes, it was loud and clear to me that you can NOT get to the synth engine to do any meaningful tweaks and looks to me to be aimed directly to the newer, young incredibly self-entitled "instant music gratification LIVE fans" or it's Roland actually not having any remaining engineers nor documentation of their own classic instruments, unlike Korg, whom reproduced the MS-20 in 87% size but same sound and interface.
Almost seems like Roland's lame attempt to COPY Korg's Kaosolator Series with that quasi touch pad. I would think a Stylophone would be just as "modern" as this crap-tastic attempt on Roland's part.
Still seems like samples...just by another name. I will eat crow when am found to be wrong and enjoy it at same time.

All amusing to watch happen...meanwhile, we all have the mother of modern DSP Synthesis; VIRUS!