Very mucho Newbie

Default Re: VIRUS powercore at NAMM 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tee
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dnaX
"A Multi DSP License can be obtained on top of the Base Package which allows the Virus to be instanced on all PowerCore DSPs simultaneously.
Especially with alot of users just using an old PC for their VST's.
It makes no Sense
i can see where you're coming from. but you need to take a look at it from a different angle:

access is a company out for feeding their employees and make some money to grow. i guess that's kind of understandable.

the licensing scheme allows us to offer people a smaler version without restricting the feature set (which has been done a lot in the past). sure, this is kind of new to the plug-in world but we believe it's a really fair way of letting people choose and therefore scale their system to their needs.

>Especially with alot of users just using an old PC for their VST's.
>It makes no Sense
check out the powercore (http://http://www.tcelectronic.com/PowerCore). this is a DSP afterburner for you computer, it actually takes the load _off_ your computer)
marc
Marc, I'm pretty familiar with the unit so I Know what is and exactly what it does.
My point is that people would rather use their old PC as a VST/DSP Machine and save a few bux as opposed buying a "DSP Afterburner" for $1300,
Then having to Buy more Plug-ins for $300 bux a pop,
Then having to buy a More Expensive License to Use the Plug-in that you already paid for to It's full potential.
IOW.
I'd Rather use a VST System Link or any one of the New Music Networking Devices on my Old PC and use it just for VST's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
so they give users on a low budget a chance to get the basic virus
i agree the price is reasonable
That's If you Consider Spending $1300 for the Unit then another $XXX for the Virus then More $$$ if you want the full license
Reasonable 8O