View Single Post
Old 04.03.2006, 03:34 PM

Default Re: February has come and gone......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threlly
And no v1.10 !!
Listening to the problems some users are having I would be mad to buy one before v1.10 appeared
Only if the VC aspect is of paramount importance to you, and you don't believe they'll ever get it sorted out.

I bought a TI Polar a couple of days ago from a store with a 30-day return policy (Guitar Center in Chicago). After loading OS 1.0.9 (via USB), I simply connected the Polar to my rig using MIDI cables and the 1/4" outputs. After playing with the Polar for maybe a dozen hours, in single, multi, and sequencer modes, it appears as though the instrument works perfectly.

As a standalone synth, the TI has many enhancements vs my old Indigo. Although a new Polar is expensive (I paid $2400US), I would have bought it in a second even without any promise of VC functionality.

I, too, am looking forward to Access making the whole Virus Control aspect live up to its hype. But I run DP, which VC isn't compatible with (although supposed to be in 1.1, I think).

I am making great music (I hope ) with my TI as is. And someday - hopefully soon - Access will get all the bugs worked out of VC - and then, IMHO, the Polar will be worth twice the money I paid for it.

MW