View Single Post
Old 29.04.2005, 03:36 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I think its great if we can have the forum stay exactly the way it is.

DS - in regard to functionality/usability of the other forum - sorry mate but from a design/features perspective TI forums is much better, its just that you are not used to it.
I agree the layout would have benefitted by placing all access related topics first - unfortunately i didnt have the final say on this.
The server we host on is *solid* - it never disappears.
'Posts since last visit' will not disappear during a session until you want them to.
The 'my assistant feature' can be left open at all times on your desktop, making most recent posts accessible from anywhere in the page.
When posting/messaging, there is an assistant for inserting links/urls.
These are just a few features that may be a little different to get use to, but i can guarantee you will appreciate.

The webmaster of TI forums is prepared to host this whole board, and cover the bill himself.
Sunesha has expressed that he is quite happy to hand it over - but as he says, it is up to us members.
The forum can remain virusforums, although of course the domain would change.
Perhaps we should go to a poll?
I would just hate to see the forum go down because juho ends up with a monster ISP bill when everyone bails on him...
...and i think the priority for all of us is that the forum remains in some format - we all need our little scratching post

cheers

blay