View Single Post
Old 28.01.2013, 05:30 AM
Pro
Pro

Thanks. WHAT Korg do you own? The only Korg I have that I need to somehow incorporate in my space is a Radias Keyboard...an underrated synth IMO.
I was incredibly discriminating when deciding on a few midi controllers and the key action is indeed acceptable on the Novation SL MKII. We also get that extra midi out, which is nice. One gets spoiled with keyboard feel and action once you have the keybed of Virus, which is same on MEK by the way, so with SO many midi controllers out there, took my time. I also have an older Korg Kontrol 49 because it has a vector joystick and 16 pads for activation of whatever and this came out WAY before the Ableton multicolored pad controls out now, and it has touch sens. encoders and sliders as well--was orig. marketed for the Korg Legacy Collection but use it for my Wavestation SR rack and will eventually use it when I decide to tackle high learning curve of the first incarnation of Elektron SFX60 Monomachine, as it accepts Vector control as well---only thing is Korg put a crappy keyboard on it!! I may very well sell the still in box new M-Audio Axiom Pro 61 as that was when was thinking using Pro Tools--it has the BEST keybed and action (better than the Novation), but am also still in evolution of making my set-up be an intuitive and ergonomic space, so shall see. Isn't it really ODD to have that unused blank long screen to the top far right on the SL?