View Single Post
Old 28.01.2013, 02:09 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
Yeah, I have the Korg Prophecy. It's a monosynth with the MOSS engine, that's also available for some of their workstations like the Karma and stuff, he doesn't look to good, but has got some good sounds on it - because of the physical modeling engine it's got. And has plenty of modulation stuff you can do with it that's quite unique. I think the Radias is somewhat like an evolution of the MS 2000, isn't it? With the step sequencer, and all...

Yeah, I took the Novation over the M-Audio because of the Midi options and the automap thing. I can actually get it to work fine nowadays, have a couple of software synths with my own mappings saved as default, so any time I load them, I can play them just like I would any synth, with no mouse and just tweaking away... That's how I found use for the faders, in a rather SH 101, kind of way, usually: amp envelope & filter envelope.
Did you know that upon the demise of Dave Smith's Sequential Circuits, he went to Korg with his small design/tech staff and engineered YOUR Korg Prophecy, the Z1, and the Wavestation series? You have a piece of Dave Smith synth history under commission/brand of Korg, but there was a time when Korg was not doing well and was temporarily taken under wings of Yamaha but Yahama was not interested in *taking a gamble* on Vector Synthesis, Korg was. One f my best friends is a child of the World War 2 Japanese Internment Camps (he was a young kid with Japanese dad and American mother), and he educated me on the Cultural differences that we all could learn so much from in that the Japanese indeed believe in "free market" and indeed "competition" but there's a comraderie amongst all as a Culture in that rather than seeing even a competitor fail, they WILL and DID (as in Yamaha saving Korg for a brief time from bankruptcy) help each other as HUMANS and it also further explains how three "big brands" have uncanny ability to all be from Japan, a relatively small land-mass when taking the world into consideration. Thought you find an increased pride in ownership of your Prophecy in this info.
Another thing--any tips on using that Novation SL MKII really ODD combo joystick/modulation device that can be "locked" into certain position/function? Maybe dumb question but as I am putting final things together, thought might as well as a fellow owner. Thanks in advance. By the way, am pretty SURE they also have an Automap template for Reaper DAW now as well.