View Single Post
Old 23.09.2013, 08:25 PM
Veteran
Veteran

There's no way to do that from the Virus. You can, however, do it quite easily granted you have access to a computer when you're playing live. In which case, you'd need to set up different midi channels for each part of the multi (no problems using midi for such porposes, no latency!). On your host program setting up keyboard range limits for each midi channel should be piece of cake! I hardly doubt you can change from that kind of setup to midi controler on the fly, in time to control your XS rack, but certainly not the right person to ask, as I never tried such a thing myself...

Another thing to take into consideration is: there's a limit to your Virus's voices and you need to be aware that poly patches with unisson and this and that can eat up many voices from the engine, so I advise you to experiment with the setup before going live, even if the patches sound wonderful on their own, most specially if you're planning to play more then one patch at once. And of course, there's no independant fx per program to.

If by any chance there's a pretty much steady patch going there, I'd sample it and costumize the sampler to respond to a certain key range, leaving the other keys for more demanding patches from the Virus where you might want some modulation going that you perform live or something.

This things take some time to figure out but there's always a solution, but almost always one has to compromise a bit somewhere! Good luck with your setup!