View Single Post
Old 07.07.2019, 03:17 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown_artist View Post
Hello guys,

I had two dead keys on my Polar... after cleaning the board, one of the dead keys still do not work. I guess, it is needed to replace one pair of that small guys (resistor?). Could anyone confirm if I am wrong or right, please?

Otherwise I may need to exchange the whole board (Silga T120 C 94V0) I assume. But do not have any idea where to get it from.

Many thanks for any advice!
Hi there, your problem could just be the silicone rubber strip that is worn out/torn/damaged, check this first:-

http://infekted.org/virus/showthread...900#post306900

Check the contact on the silicone rubber strip corresponding to the key that is causing you the problems. Look for any tears, or whether the rubber foot for that contact fails to naturally pop back outwards - if the rubber contact stays depressed, or is torn, even slightly, the rubber contact strip for that octave is damaged and needs replacing. It can be easily and cheaply replaced (cost me around £6 per octave). I explain more in the above thread as I had the same problems (one key only transmitted a low velocity, and another key failed to work at all, despite cleaning all the contacts on both the PCB and the rubber strip) and was only identified by viewing the rubber strips closely for damage and obtaining new strips.

As my Indigo is/was approx. 18 years old (has it really been that long?!) I decided to replace all three octaves with three new rubber strips (2x 12-note strips, and 1x 13-note strip) at the same time. Again, more info is in the link above.