View Single Post
Old 15.06.2017, 10:00 AM
New here
New here

Hi Timo,

Thanks for following up - I was in touch with Synthersizerservice, but they went quiet after initially responding to say they would send me a new encoder. Also didn't confirm/deny whether the potentiometers for all Virus models are the same (but I would guess they are).

Had a baby in the meantime, so haven't chased them, but have been getting into working with the Virus without replacing the knob. At some point I will probably just replace it - the tutorials you and others have posted are invaluable here! you guys are true community leaders

There is a guy on ebay selling potentiometers, but at £3.50 each, so I'm still hoping somebody will come up with a mouser part number (I don't mind if knobs stick out slightly because of a long shaft!) that works - because I do feel a lot of mine will have to be replaced in a not-too-distant future.

One question actually - you said I could try those lubricating materials. How would I apply these? spray on them after just taking off the cap? or take the virus apart and then apply around the potentiometer?

Cheers!
Dan