View Single Post
Old 13.10.2004, 06:30 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Minor and major can mix if you use a chord modulation in your composing (ie relative minor or parallel minor, from a major...)

Now back to the subject
just remember this....!!IF you are playing just C on the keyboard!!
(relative to +)

0=C
1=C#
2=D
3=D#
4=E
5=F
6=F#
7=G
8=G#
9=A
10=A#
11=B
12=C (octave up)

(relative to minus)

0=C
1=B
2=A#
3=A
4=G#
5=G
6=F#
7=F
8=E
9=D#
10=D
11=C#
12=C (octave up)

And Juho is right your problem is when you change the Tune of you osc's and are play chords its going to sound horrible because its all relative to your tune setting...ie if you have the first osc set to +2 and you play C on the keyboard you are actually playing D but if you play D on the keyboard you are playing E on the keyboard and if you play E you are actually playing F# which is where you will run into problems...

My advices is to do either of these 2 things for right now to help you along...later you can experiment...but for right now do this....

1. when changing the tone of the osc's you should try to stick to on note but if you want you can play more i personally wouldnt go over 2 notes simultaneously until you get more comfortable to tonality...

2. key the semi tones on the 0 +12 +24 +36 +48, 0 -12 -24 -36 -48 settings when you play chords and make the chord the way you tune your song...Playing different chords will change the sound of the patch...not dramatically but it will sound different... it will sound more solid if you worked on playing chords in your songs rather then detuning the osc and playing single notes to get crazy sounds...

Just remember that listing i posted above it should help out when trying to figure out if something is in tune or not...but remember that was only in reference to using C as the starting point

peace
Blank