View Single Post
Old 02.11.2019, 06:43 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I have a Snow and an SL MKII 61 key.

Judging from pics it looks like the 49key version has about 7" of free space on both sides. My 61 key has about 7" on the left and 13" on the right... I trimmed a rubber mouse mat and I keep a cordless mouse and a small Steinberg controller pad on that space, but the Snow would fit there too since it is 10" wide.

If the 49key has 7" on both sides like it seems to in pics, it obviously can't fit the Snow fully but you could probably get by in a pinch with turning the Snow diagonally to fit it on the left of the 49 key, but you might need to put a rubber mat to keep it from sliding down onto the pitch/mod stick. I have that problem now with my mouse, the vibration of playing the keys causes the mouse to move little by little (not down onto the pitch/mod of course though, since its on the right).

A slightly better solution you might consider is an inexpensive adjustable height laptop stand, where the feet of the stand can slide under the keyboard if you want, and the Snow just rests on it. This is what I have my Snow on now, and I have easy reach to the knobs with my left hand. Most programming I do with the VST and mouse, the knobs on the unit are just for real time play for me. All depends on your workflow and how you use your gear.

For 61 keys, it looks like they no longer make the MKII, and the MKIII has transport buttons taking up some of the space on the right.