View Single Post
Old 17.07.2010, 10:39 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion View Post
It gives me a real headache because I want to get a TI2 Desktop, but after reading all this latency problems I am not sure I want one.
You might check my experiences logged in this thread with a TI2 desktop, trying to overcome the latency issues in FLStudio on Win7 64-bit. Sadly I just couldn't get things to work right, ended up having to send it back. Tragic because I had wanted a Virus for a long time. I still want one, I just need it to work well without the latency issues and so forth, otherwise I'm better off with a pure soft synth environment for workflow reasons.

http://infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=32138

I'm not sure Access should quit selling the things though; if I were playing live I can't think of any other synth I'd rather have. Whether or not they will ever really get the Total Integration / USB stuff working the way it should might be a different story... long term they are going to have to, because soft synths are getting better all the time and with something like a Core i7 processor you've got plenty of CPU cycles and polyphony etc.