Thread: TI Glitches
View Single Post
Old 24.11.2015, 05:30 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Actually, I'm not seeing any problems when using Ableton Live 8 and the 2.4 VST, but when connected to my iPad and GMS, or even not connected at all, it's regularly going bonkers. Most problems occur when editing Multis, using the TI panel and choosing patches, especially if MIDI notes are coming in. Ie. Auditioning sounds, for a particular part, or listening to how a few patches sound together.

Problems have included :

1. TI only plays a specific patch, regardless of what Multi patch or Single patch is selected. Needs a reboot, to fix.

2. Stuck notes playing - need to use Panic buttons to silence it.

3. Really stuck notes playing - Panic buttons don't work, have to reboot.

4. 1 or more patches in the edited Multi changing to something different. Or the patch number is set to 1, but bank number still the same.

5. It becomes really slow to move between single patches, or patches in a Multi. After a reboot, it's much quicker.

6. A combination of stuck notes and also my Korg ES-1 drum machine suddenly playing a random pattern, not even what was selected before. (Which would imply some sort of program change went from the TI to GMS, then to the ES-1.)

Numbers 4 and 6 imply that unexpected program changes are occurring, (seemingly) randomly driven from button-clicks on the TI panel. Although my setup has changed, lately, because of the TI, it is striking me as very glitchy and inconsistent. I used to have a MIDI keyboard feeding GMS, then my MIDI devices, now I have the TI as both a MIDI source (keyboard) and MIDI destination (MIDI notes).

Here's my typical MIDI chain:

TI MIDI Out --> iRig MIDI In, into iPad.
iRig MIDI Out --> Korg Electribe ES-1 In.
Korg ES-1 Thru --> TI Keyboard MIDI In.
TI Keyboard Thru --> TI Snow In.

I've logged a call with Access, I'll probably take it to a local service centre, for a check-up. When looking for the serial number, I did notice some screws are missing, so it has been opened up, before...

Cheers,

EG