View Single Post
Old 05.12.2015, 08:06 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I think the main issue is just, in my experience, what happens when a very small company has its direction defined by whatever the owner/principal of that company wants to do.

I've been involved with startups and small companies that were like that. The founder of the company wanted to go in one direction, despite what the customers or other employees wanted, and because he's in charge everyone else has to do things his way.

I'm not saying this is necessarily Chris Kemper's attitude. For all we know he may have been secretly working on the next gen Virus. But for whatever reason it seems the focus for many years now is not on synthesizers. Right now Kemper wants to work on amps, so that's where the focus is for now. Who knows if synths will become his priority again. I'm guessing as long as the current models continue to sell, his motivation might be to ride the current horse as long as possible. Developing new products is expensive, so he might be reluctant to embark on new projects because of that.

We can only speculate, hope, and keep an eye out for new announcements. I'm sure if Access doesn't evolve the product line, eventually someone will come out with a competitor that takes the crown.