View Single Post
Old 30.12.2012, 04:49 AM
New here
New here

I think, sadly, it all points to the fact that working in a mixed software/hardware environment, with ever-changing software updates and endless and infinite interactions, is more often than not a night in hell.

I'm perfectly happy with my TI as a stand-alone keyboard; whether or not the new features are worth the effort/risk of updating it with the new software, well, I'll give it maybe another six months post-release to assess.

Increasingly, I find I'm either entirely in-the-box, or on a keyboard with the box at best serving as a recording device for a track. Even the latter gets too complicated most of the time, I just use a MIDI input device with the DAW and save my keyboards for my personal enjoyment.

I bow to anyone who tries to do a live performance with a mixed environment. There are some combinations that work easily (Ultranova, for instance, fits in very simply with any software-based environment), but there are many others that don't.

A belated congratulations to Access for this long-cooked release. I'll take my time considering it this time around.