View Single Post
Old 30.12.2012, 02:22 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
I think, sadly, it all points to the fact...
I'll take my time considering it this time around.
I'm mainly using it out of the box, and the update is definitely worth it. The new envelopes are a little intermittent, (ie. not always affecting their corresponding matrix location), but they do work fine in many cases. The ability to change three out of 4 envelopes at the same time, on the desktop virus, is pretty sweet. That is also the case with how they integrated the filters into the value knobs. Three filter cutoffs at the same time! The filters sound good, ('been getting some very organic, gritty pads), and allow for some very cool sound sculpting.

A few quirks, mostly with the ti side of things, but i'm on live 7, and rarely use the ti for more then visual reference, when sound designing. I'm not sure if these were addressed in this, or the last update, but i used to not be able to put it through the usb audio, and the main outputs at the same time... now it does. Also, i can add a midi arpeggio out, when in multimode, which is actually a big thing, because now i can reroute the virus' arps out to other synths, and still use the virus' sounds at the same time.

It's another great update that makes me want to go back and update all my old presets.