Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. orange
>is the quality of the signal coming out of the Virus Control using USB poor in any way?<

isn't it obvious?
not to me. please explain

marc
okay: 16bits
i assume that you did receive your TI by now. make a simple test: use the virus as your audio interface and play a patch through the virus control. this way you send the signal by USB to your PC and back again. next you switch this part to the analog outs and compare the sound.do you hear a difference?.

best, marc
You probably don't hear the dirrerence in the first moment, but after some postprocessing the difference is obvious.
exactly. when you mix there is a huge difference inbetween 16 and 24 bit. because you need dynamics when you mix. this is post processing to me.
but when you record, especially instruments which are usually recorded hot and do not have a very dynamic output (in reality) it doesn't matter really.
we have very much considered the consequences of sending a 16 bit signal using USB and we are extremely happy with this decision.

the resolution, the virus's sound engine can calculate in is 56bit. but this doesn't mean that you need to use a 56bit d/a converter in order to get a high-detail sound experience.

best, marc