View Single Post
Old 14.02.2006, 02:36 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
i assume that you did receive your TI by now. make a simple test: use the virus as your audio interface and play a patch through the virus control. this way you send the signal by USB to your PC and back again. next you switch this part to the analog outs and compare the sound.do you hear a difference?.

best, marc
Hey I recieved mine. This is not a guessing game. Just simple audio technology understanding.
The simple test should include a long release on the envelope or a long reverb tail followed by a external (vst/dx) compressor, some eq etc. This should lead most people to the easy answer that the analog outputs sound best. I can supply a simple A/B file demonstration for those how have no clue as to what the quiet part of 16bit sounds like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
just to avoid confusion: this whole thread is about the _internal_ communication in between the Virus TI hardware and the Virus Control plug-in. you can use the TI in, for example, a 24bit/96k project without problems.

marc
Marc, even in a 24bit/96k project the virus TI Control plug-in the signal has the resolution of 16bit, it was sent as 16bit / 48k or 16bit / 44k and then interpolated to the project resolution. It still only holds 16bits of loudness information and can still be exposed.