Old 14.02.2006, 07:05 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammy
I never stated that the Analog outs were poor, absolutely not. They are good, that is why I would like to be able to use them coming into my RME, rather than the USB.

Back to the original question - is it possible to turn off the auto compensation on just the Virus - this should enable us to achieve what we would like.

Marc, I have been a keen Access customer for many years and am certainly not slating your product, I love it. I am meerly asking if you can consider making this possible, which in turn is helping us set-up our system...

Drammy
"
Back to the original question - is it possible to turn off the auto compensation on just the Virus - this should enable us to achieve what we would like."

no, you can't turn it off just for the channels which use the virus TI analog outs. but we are very aware of the problems and limitations this causes and we're working on a solution.

so what do you mean with "surely we shouldn't have to chose between sound quality or timing...". is the quality of the signal coming out of the Virus Control using USB poor in any way?

marc
As marc say - you cant switch it on/off on a per channel basis through a single plugin. Depending upon your DAW, you may be able to switch it off globally for the VC plugin (and then allways use the analog outs).

If Cubase SX, then "Devices -> Plugin information", find the TI and uncheck use delay compensation. This will make the USB channel more or less useless for anything but pads and you will then have to remember to switch all the part outs the analog. You will also have to force a reload of VC for this to work after changing it (as Cubase only reads the compenation value at plugin load time).