View Single Post
Old 26.07.2009, 08:42 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
You wont be able to run balanced analogue audio from the TI to your soundcard's stereo 3.5mm line-input jack. It'd have to be of the domestic unbalanced type.

To use the analogue outputs of the Virus in this case, you'd need a cable that has two standard 1/4" mono jacks at one end (to make up a L and R pair of channels from your Virus) and a 3.5mm stereo jack at the other end (to put into your soundcard's line-input socket). You shouldn't have too much signal degradation if cable lengths are kept relatively short. The longer the cable, the more noise it stands to pick up.
since my soundcard runs at 192khz/24-bit, i want to take full advantage of both the Virus and the soundcard by using the TIs analog connection to my soundcards Line-In, using this cable: http://www.amazon.com/Monster-IP200-...8639323&sr=1-3

however, my only concern is the loss of quality when using non-balanced analog cables. how much quality could i potentially lose by using this cable? since my soundcard can capture the TI at its 100%, i dont want to have to use SPDIF or USB (which both run at 48khz/16-bit max, correct?) if analog is possible. how can i get the maximum out of my Virus?