View Single Post
Old 20.10.2006, 01:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to ///AznTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
There is a fundamental difference between a DJ and a Turntablist. The difference is that a good Turntablist has talent, where as a good DJ has skill.

Club DJs that don't produce the music they're mixing aren't worth a pinch of shit. Glorified pretty boys soaking up the glory for other peoples hard work, then letting it go to their heads! The DJ/club culture is so shallow and fake.

Turntablists on the other hand create usable instruments by messing with Vinyl. I've met guys who could actually play melodies by scratching together 2 records that contained a straight pitch. These are the only guys who I can respect as "DJs".

Just my two cents.

EDIT: I should say though, I'm only refering to the Dance/Club scene where DJs are concerned. These guys take way too much credit. DJs that are mixing other forms of music don't usually have half the attitude.
YO BRO. I FEEL YA! I agree with you 100% These overglorified DJs taking tooooooooo much credit for other people's hardwork.
So I know what you mean.

I used to DJ alot in the late 90s and knew NOTHING about production and let all that nonsense go to my head....then I saw later on how hard people like you and the real talent put their hard work into making a crowd go nutz.

However, I still think a good DJ that knows how to program a night and combining great talented pieces together is another great skill that alot of producers lack. You have to admit. Its people who know how to produce a record that makes people go bananas and know how to program a night are the great ones. Very few though IMHO.

BUT YES! Overall they are overglorified. You should come to NYC and see for yourself. makes me want to puke. So sickening...

Meanwhile they barely produce music and fool the suckers that they are the talent....please! But Yo mad respect to you for even being true like that and seeing the otherside