View Single Post
Old 26.04.2009, 02:58 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totty View Post
Hi Paul, I've just seen this, I will download tomorrow and look.

You're right about Unison, but I fear that Unison in the Virus works differently than in soft synths. I still feel it is all to do with resources. The Virus has a finite amount of resource (like everything) and it is being asked to produce too many notes than the dsp is confortable with. I think that Access are optimising the code to the limit, and as a result certain circumstances are causing problems. I have read that the TI 2 still has issues, which is good and bad. Good that we haven't been hung out to dry as the earlier adopters, but bad that problems still remain.

Incidentally, did you ever get a response from Access Support??

Regards

Mike
no response STILL which is starting to look fishy.... and its definitely not a dsp issue, for two reasons: 1) this problem is not occuring in Ableton, the same midi pattern plays back 100% rock solid and tight and 2) it happens even when the VC is the only thing loaded up in my virus session with just 1 part being used. If I can cause a dsp overload with a 3 note chord on 1 part, I demand every penny back from access for making such a joke of a product, when they were bragging upon release about the massive amount of dsp in there.