View Single Post
Old 18.12.2004, 04:34 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Mcoyote wrote:
On top of that, the support infrastructure of a company like that can't be overlooked.
Dell's consumer service is great but they suck when it comes to servicing their corporate accounts.

My Dad, brother, wife and I sold turnkey optical imaging systems in the mid nineties and every time our clients wanted new PCs we sold them Dells as we loved them.

A client of ours in Fort Worth Texas wanted 28 PCs each with an Adaptec SCSI card to control a scanner and an internal Iomega JAZ Drive for file storage.

My wife and I were checked into two adjoining hotel rooms, one for u, one for our PC customization/assembly zone.

Here comes the delivery truck, out come 56 boxes (28 PCs + 28 Monitors).

Dell delivered the wrong F*CK*&G PCs!

There was no 5 1/4 inch expansion bay to install the internal JAZ drives.

I told the truck driver to wait and called our Dell rep.

He said "Oh my God, I'm terribly sorry."

I said: "How long will it take you to make 28 new PCs to our original specifications?"

He said: "1 week"

I said: "OK, great start the order."

He said: "I can't start the order without a deposit."

I said: "You dumb *@&@%!$!&!!" We paid you in full for 28 PCs and you @%!#$@ them up; there is your deposit."

He said: "I need those back in our inventory before I can use that money as a deposit to start a new order."

I said: "Well I'm sending these 28 PCs back with the driver."

He said: "He's not a DELL employee; he's an independent subcontrator; you will have to pay for the shipping."

I about lost my fucking wits. There I was in Ft. Worth Texas about 6 hours drive from DELL's fucking HQ, they screwed up my order of 28 PCs, and they weren't going to cut a new order or pay for the return shipping ($1,400 next day because of the weight) of the original deal.

I told him I would see him the next day.

I rented a U-Haul truck for $85. I loaded the 28 PCs into it and drove from Ft. Worth to Austin (6 hours) to Dell's main facility. I pulled my little truck around the back of their super complex and backed it into a loading dock; blocking 2 other trucks that were trying to deliver parts. Some asshole dock foreman came out and told me to move my vehicle. I told him I wanted to see my rep, get my PCs that they fucked up credited to my account, and see that the new order of 28 was underway and would be drop shipped to my client in less than the week they told me over the phone.

The guy shit he was so mad because I was blocking his loading zone. I lit up a cigarrette, leaned against my U-Haul and hung out for about 20 minutes until my rep (pale white) and his manager (beet red with anger) came out to the loading area and took care of me. They couldn't believe that I did that. I read them both the riot act.

I'll never buy a DELL again; just for the principle of the situation.

They are great PCs though.

-AlexHall74