View Single Post
Old 20.03.2015, 03:03 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Could be the VST version of the virus could be out soon making the hardware kinda redundant so there selling them off cheaper
I probably wouldn't complain if that were the case. Although, usually a 10% discount indicates more of a minor supply chain adjustment than a liquidation effort.

Not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for a software-only Virus unless it came with a hardware component to get processing off the CPU of the PC. They used to have this with the powercore virus. I never owned one so I'm not sure why it didn't take off.

With Dune2 and other recent synths, I kind of feel like I've already got Virus-like performance if I'm willing to give up enough CPU cycles, that's the real benefit I get from the Snow, extra processing power.

I'm sure if they ever did this (a VST only version of the Virus), it would both sell like mad, and get pirated like mad. One of the downsides of building a prominent brand, you then must protect it. It's one of the reasons I thank god I never became a recognizable celebrity -- being recognized every where I go or chased by paparazzi would drive me nuts. A software-only announcement of the Virus would be like this. The moment word spread, people would be spending every last minute figuring out how to whore it out on torrents it (sadly).