View Single Post
Old 22.10.2009, 11:59 PM
New here
New here

Default IOUSBWirelessControllerDevice...

I hope this doesn't double post for some reason. I thought I had posted this already but it didn't show up.

Hello Everyone,

I have a Virus TI kb, Logic Pro 8, and a MacBookPro with OS 10.4.11. I had been happily been learning everything until a few days ago when I received this message when I logged in:

USB conflict warning
A device called "IOUSBWirelessControllerDevice" sharing the same
USB root hub with the Virus TI has been detected. This is a
potential problem and might cause sync errors and audible artefacts
when using Total Integration. Try to solve the problem by using
another USB port instead.
Root hubs are usually inside your computer and therefore cannot be
recognised easily as hubs. Trying out other USB ports for the Virus
TI might solve the problem. By changing the USB layout and hitting
the Rescan button you can evaluate if the problem persists.

I contacted Access support and they suggested this:

I would repair the disk permissions on your Mac with the help of the "disk utilities" program which you can find under

APPLICATIONS -> UTILITIES

and then also remove the entire TI software and install it from scratch again.
In this case I recommend to remove the entire TI OS suite from this Mac with the help of the Access uninstaller which you will find here:

APPLICATIONS -> ACCESS MUSIC

Whenever this has happened, please shut down the Mac, wait a few seconds and then restart the computer again. Next repair the disk permissions with the help of the "disk utility" program which you will find under

APPLICATIONS -> UTILITIES

and then install the very latest OS once again on the Mac and the TI and see if this helps. To install the TI OS again on the TI hardware, please unplug the power from your Virus TI and remove any other cable going from/to the TI. Wait approximately 30-60 seconds. While plugging back in the power only, hold down the EXIT button. This will force the unit into USB BIOS UPDATE MODE. Next try again to load in the very latest OS and check if this helps.

None this worked after a few goes at it so I took my Macbook in to see a "geni" at Apple. The scoffed at the repair permissions and said I should reset the p-ram and try again. If this doesn't work they suggested that I create a new user account on the MacBook and try that way. Again none of this has worked and frankly I don't know what to do. Plus its flu season.

Any help would be very mjuch appreciated. Bonus points for replies from the Seattle area so if I ever have a serious problem I could contact directly. I would also ask to keep replies in layman's terms as I am about as far from a computer programmer as we are from the sun.

Thanks in advance. And thanks for being there.

D