Thread: Help (Choirs)
View Single Post
Old 04.05.2004, 09:17 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx7000
Id like to spend around 1000, I am willing to spend 2k if i can get the end all end for the rest of my life thing ill need.
Ok. I think that with 2000 you're able to get an used workstation with sampling and a virtual analog, which would be basicly everything you need. I would find myself Fantom-S and Virus B desktop. Very good set of gear for studio and live performances. When compared to Triton Fantom does have better acoustic sounds in my opinion (incredible piano) but does not have as much lead and synth sounds in its arsenal, but you won't be needing the synth sounds form the workstation when you have a Virus sitting on the workstation.

Quote:
A synth has sample memory, so when you record a live sample and use it, it saps that memory?
Yes. But remember that samplers use RAM. Don't mix it up with ROM. The ROM part contains samples and patches that can't be edited or deleted, RAM is the user memory.

Quote:
But if you have a cd of samples you load onto the synth is that the same thing?
As Hatembr mentioned it's the same thing. The samples from the CD have to be loaded into the sampler memory before they can be used.