Thread: Problem.
View Single Post
Old 26.11.2004, 01:18 PM
New here
New here

I have a Rack Classic, so I'm not sure if there's a big difference between the Rack Classic and the KC, but here's how you do it on the Rack Classic:

1. Work out the Delay/Reverb setting of the single patch. This is in the EFX (or maybe EDIT) parameter menu. It'll either be set to Reverb or Delay, then check how that delay or reverb is set. Write these settings down.

2. Go into Multi mode (or Multi Edit mode) and go to the same EFX or EDIT menu. Change the parameters so that it mirrors the settings from the single patch you wanted to reproduce.

3. You may then need to go into Multi Single mode and select the part that you've chosen for the original patch. Go into its EFX or EDIT menu and set the Reverb / Delay Send parameter to whatever you want (for exactly the same depth as the original, you'll want 127 if you've set the Multi delay/reverb setting exactly as the single patch was to start with).

4. If you've had to alter any parameters in the patch and it's not in Bank A or Bank B, you'll probably have to save the patch to a new slot in Bank A or B.

It is a bit confusing, but it's all because only one Reverb or Delay setting can be used at any one time. In Single mode, you've got that setting for one patch. One FX setting, one patch; nice and easy. However, in Multi or Multi Single mode, all patches have to share that sound. The only control you have over it is to send less or more of the signal through that FX setting.

The way I do it is to have a massive Reverb setting and then send varying amounts of signal from each patch. e.g. 10%, 20% You get used to it after a while.