View Single Post
Old 01.04.2005, 11:28 AM
New here
New here

I had the same question to myself, it is really difficult to say. I have a Virus C Rack XL at the moment. Maybe it would be better for me if i have chosen the powercore, because the virus is limited to 32 voices and you dont get any plugins. I start Cubase SX and Sounddiver, i dont work with buffer setups. You have to overwrite your current patches, if you dont like the onboard patches or work in multimode (many patches have more unison voices as you like to see and many of them have stereo spread). So i reprogram the patches , turn down stereo spread and some unison voices for multimode. After the demo is ok and my buddy says go for the final mix, i also have to reprogram the single patches to get the unison voices back (because im recording the single patches!) Thats annoying, and i dont do sysex dumps in a song

In Powercore you should have total recall, a soundfinder, you can use up to 64 voices if you have the unlimited license (with 4 powercores 256 voices). BUT the powercore is similar to Virus Model B ! You should have a good soundcard, otherwise virus powercore wont sound like the "real one "! If you dont need the minimoog filters so badly and equalizer, it might be the choice for you. And powercore offers excellent plugins of course.