View Single Post
Old 09.10.2005, 12:45 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midi_Glider
Its does not effect (pardon the pun! ) polyphony. use as many as you want...

Best,
midi.
In fact the manual says that the delay/reverb affects the polyphony directly. It would be great to know how much? I can see that this is one of the features which Access haven't informed very clearly maybe because they don't want you to think about it. They just say that the TI is a "dual dsp synth", which may give you an imagination that other synths probably use only 1 dsp. My Supernova2 for example has about 10 DSPs inside (probably the same as Virus A has 1 inside, Motorola 56303) and it's several years old now. And all the parts have their own reverbs + delays and other effects and they don't reduce polyphony.

It just feels a little odd that Virus C has 32 (or 26) voices of polyphony and 1 global delay/reverb and the whole synth runs on 1 dsp. Now the TI has about 80 voices of polyphony with 2 DSPs (faster of course) and you can have virtually 16 reverbs running at the same time. But from where did they suddenly grab 10 times faster DSPs for the TI and still try to earn a living with it? So, there must be a catch. The manual says that the TI uses dynamic dsp allocation but it doesn't say how much the reverbs really reduce the polyphony...

I guess it's about 16-32 voices left if you use the reverb for all parts and half of that if you use the "moog-filters". Somebody try it?