View Single Post
Old 27.02.2016, 12:26 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Thought I'd also add that once you narrow it down to two contenders, it would not be a waste of money to buy the $99 version of each. Yes they have time limited trials but I find those to be annoying because I don't like time window pressure. The minimal version will be enough to evaluate the workflow and the philosophy of the DAW and help you figure out which one you want to be on the upgrade path for. I can't think of anything in the basic versions that would be different with regard to trying Virus compatibility, which seems to be your initial goal. In my mind the $99 spent on the one you didn't choose is not wasted, because you've increased your knowledge by knowing how to do things a different way in a different host, making you better overall. It's also helpful because sometimes if something is behaving badly, it gives you two separate environments to A/B test whatever it is that's in question. Sometimes you see something in a host that's not your primary preference that inspires you to try something new by switching over to the one you do like and trying to reproduce that feature. Also I think the freely downloadable FLStudio demo lets you do everything except save your project file, unless they've changed something.