View Single Post
Old 27.11.2005, 08:37 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default Virus KC to TI upgrade, is it worht it ? or....

I recently played the Virus TI keyboard at a retail store (just for a few minutes, via headphones, during which, it crashed a few times, I guess it had a very early OS, with lots of bugs, plus, it was not connected to anything, so imagine if it was , this was kind of a fast and crude auditioning of the TI, not a serious evaluation).

I own a Virus KC, and honestly, I felt the difference was not that big as far as the overall sound quality, and character, basically similar to the KC, but more polyphony, independent Rev/delay effects per part, the wavetable sounds were nice, but not a big Wow factor to my ears.

So, here is the deal, with the option to upgrade my KC (I have to sell it at a reduced price, and spend more money, to get a kind of similar sounding Virus TI). Bottom line, Is it worth it to upgrade from a KC to a TI ?

My other option is to keep the Virus KC, use it for one two parts, with sounds that I really like, with the effects, and then use my Virtual Software synths for many other parts (more like having Total Integration from my other SW synths !

I have (Albino 2, Blue, CS-80V, Atmosphere, Stylus RMX, Trilogy, and all the Logic Pro 7.1 virtual Synths).

Finally, I could consider a second HW synth in the future, but currently I am not sure which synth would make a good complement to the Virus KC ? I Could consider the Alesis 'Andromeda' (real analog) but not sure about this one, plus an expensive option, unless it is really worth the price, any other suggestions ?

Or Should I just upgrade to the TI ? I think Access is currently working very hard to finally provide TI customers with a stable, bug free and tightly written OS that will finally deliver Total Integration as it had planned from day one of the TI concept ? Any Advice ?.... Any feedback from former Virus C, or KC users that upgraded to the TI ? is it much better now, more stable, and how good is the Integration with your DAW so far, the sound quality/synthesis capabilities ?

Thanks.