View Single Post
Old 29.05.2015, 03:57 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallward View Post
I guess I should've clarified that I swtiched back to using the Virus as a main sound card since the Traktor Kontrol is just really unstable. So far what I'm getting out of this is I need a sound card that can handle all 3 of my outputs so it can be sent into 3 buses in Cubase's mixer. I'm wondering if there are any sound cards that are specifically good with handling the Virus?

As for USB I think I've got a handle on how to use it which is great in case I decide not to go with Analog in the future.
I can't help with using the Virus' built-in audio interface, maybe someone else can help there. I don't do that with my Ultranova either (which is similar in that it has its own interface and USB).

As far as buying a new audio interface/sound card.... I think of a "sound card" as an actual card that goes inside the computer. Many people use that term interchangeably with "audio interface" but when I say an audio interface I am referring to an external box with lots of ports, and its own power supply.

Compatibility between a given audio interface and the Virus is not really an issue. Once you are using analog outs, the audio interface doesn't know the difference between a Virus an any other audio signal source.