View Single Post
Old 29.05.2015, 04:14 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
I can't help with using the Virus' built-in audio interface, maybe someone else can help there. I don't do that with my Ultranova either (which is similar in that it has its own interface and USB).

As far as buying a new audio interface/sound card.... I think of a "sound card" as an actual card that goes inside the computer. Many people use that term interchangeably with "audio interface" but when I say an audio interface I am referring to an external box with lots of ports, and its own power supply.

Compatibility between a given audio interface and the Virus is not really an issue. Once you are using analog outs, the audio interface doesn't know the difference between a Virus an any other audio signal source.
Are there any specific details I should be looking for when searching for an Audio interface for the virus? I know you mentioned I'll have lots of cables running so I want to make sure I have the right amount of ports, features, etc.

Edit: After doing some research I'm hearing the Komplete Audio 6 is working really well for a lot of people. I would need 3 TRS to Dual cables for this audio interface correct?
http://www.amazon.com/Native-Instrum...udio+interface

Last edited by fallward : 29.05.2015 at 08:08 AM.