View Single Post
Old 21.09.2003, 01:07 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Is it the Virus b or c u have?

Could it be some kinda OS system software corruption? I take it that you have already tried re-installing the OS a couple of times. A hardware problem?

If you end up having to resort to sending the Virus back to Germany...good luck. Mine went back on the 15th Aug.....and im still none the wiser as to when Ill get it back. Tomorrow (Monday 22nd Sept) im going to press my dealer for a full refund. Ive had exceptionally bad luck with the Virus KC......and im no longer bothered whether I have a Virus or not....which is a shame...but there you go.

MOST Virus users Ive spoken to have had some kind of problems......this is really significant. You can now see why the Virus only has a 6 months warranty. Mass produced, quickly assembled cheap digital shit (Well in the case of the Virus and Nord 3 expensive digital shit)

I dont have a persoanl vendetta against Access......most modern day VA manufacturers are like this. Check out the Waldorf, Nord, novation forums. When I first ventured into VA I assumed I would be getting a 'reliable' synth. To my horror and ultimate dissapointment I have come to realise that new synths are no more reliable than a 20 yr old analog poly....in fact Id say old gear is more reliable (Less in it that can go wrong)

Do any of you guys know how much it would cost to send a Virus KC back to German (in the event further repairs were needed) after the 6 months warranty? Well, here in the UK, Ive been told that it will cost me ?135. Fuck knows what it would cost if you live in America or Far East.

Perhaps my dealer (Turnkey) is partly to blame for my poor experience that ive had with the KC. They've got my money...they dont really give a shit. Ah! Roll on Monday........

DS