View Single Post
Old 23.09.2013, 01:00 PM
Veteran
Veteran

That's one hell of a post Rob!

I knew all about their synthesizers, as any enthusiast would! But was surprised to see they went the extra mile with the standalone filter designs. Wonder why some of this products didn't made it into Vintage Synth! Anyways, being a company much ahead of its time they've also embraced software instruments early on.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/dpole.php

This is one of those gems that not everyone knows and most people don't take seriously enough, but by running white noise into it I make some leads and sounds I can't reproduce anywhere else...

This is part of their "legacy collection" (think that's the name) that easily gets dismissed because this plug-ins look rather old and not much appealing to the eyes, but they sound (still today) absolutely amazing - if you take the time to explore them!

So I wasn't surprised to see them presenting Largo! Know when people say Access can't possibly make a plug-in based on the Virus code? That's exactly what Waldorf has done with Largo! Sounds amazing (not that I think could replace a Blofeld) and can compliment any synthesizer setup with the convenience of having THAT sound integrated with the host software. I saw this as a sign that the new Waldorf is true to its history in that it seems like they want to present the public with the products they'd want for themselves, even when it means serious risk taking! And indeed, Waldorf Largo shares the same filters and many stuff from Blofeld! Doesn't seem like it's hurt their sales much though.