View Single Post
Old 24.09.2013, 02:55 PM
Pro
Pro

So true! I am treating Nave as I would any of my hardware synths by using the Behringer iStudio iS202 Dock, running it's audio output into my audio interface...and the kicker is...you might as well say LECTOR **is part of NAVE** because they have made a rather unique 25 band formant filter and wavetable that lets you: 1) Type-in *any* text and have it turned into advanced wavetables AND SPEECH which can be totally manipulated/mangled, and 2)you can import *any audio/and or file* and create customized wavetables via new spectra wavetable synthesis!!
I like the tactile interface of the iPad but also connect the QuNexus to the iStudio to play even more dynamically...but kicker is, you can DO BOTH and it really opens-up expressiveness and apparently Waldorf's engineers teamed-up with the engineer whom made the "NLog App" or similar name.
I am realistically good on hardware synths and if NAVE App as well as something like the GNome Sequencer App is only thing I use the iPad for, am quite happy...but there's even an editor now available for iOS to program my Microwave XT deeper than 37+ knobs can....these are indeed interesting times because you are even *just starting* to see some of these instrument Apps be ported to Android now, so it's not 'some fad'.

If Access were to come out even with a new hardware synth that had a fully developed App or hell, even made so a tablet can slide into "the landing strip of empty space" for more in-depth editing on top of tons of knobs????

What I am really impressed with is Waldorf had yet another iOS update for Nave yesterday...the second one since iOS 7 was released in a week!
I also got a mailing on Waldorfian List yesterday of an iOS editor template for the new Pulse 2.
Access should surely be working on *something* that's going to blow everyone's minds with the evolution of musician interfaces, Touch OSC, the Analog Spring, and the DSI Prophet 12 is being sought after as some studio's new 'flagship synth'...would love to know what's on their slab deep down in their lab...and no, that's not rap!