View Single Post
Old 03.03.2006, 09:10 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

So explain to me how giving access a hard time (whether deserved or not) is going to help you get bugs fixed quicker?

The guys you will be stressing are the same guys who are probably working most of their waking hours at the moment on fixes. Personally I would be much happier knowing they aint getting distracted from that task, and therefore stand a better chance of getting it right.

They really do know the issues - they read these forums regularly it seems, those same developers get to see the support emails that a number of us have sent in for one reason or another.

And yes - I have serious issues with the TI as well at times. Maybe because I am also a developer I am way more sympathetic to the situation because Ive been there before, I know the processes and the realities faced by smaller companies. In fact even big companies with allmost limitless resources can get it badly wrong when it comes to the difference between test environments and the real world. I guess also because Im a developer than I have the advantage if having a better idea of how to diagnose and resolve many of the DAW issues I have to deal with - many are not the fault of the TI (audio glitches for example are probably not a TI bug, but more often a system setup issue).

Ive had to deal with the customer back lash and I personally know exactly how stressing and distracting it can be from doing what you want to do which is get the issues sorted out and get the customers happy through them being pleased with the end result. Most developers I know live off good feedback and happy customers - pissed off customers are depressing for all concerned.

I am not excusing the situation, but I do not beleive that getting angry and stressed about it helps anyone, least of all yourself. So I say again - chill and let them get on with it. If you have specific issues, then do email them in to Access support with as much information about what you were doing as possible - ie anything that can help them understand and reproduce the problem. I know many of the issues just seem random so thats often difficult, but when Access see a couple of dozen related reports from different people then sometimes a pattern emerges which is hugely helpful in finding the cause and permenantly fixing it.

I do sometimes wish Access would communicate more effectively with the community, even if just more frequent updates to ampfea (that can be copied to here), because it is frustrating waiting for fixes and not hearing anything.