View Single Post
Old 16.02.2004, 11:19 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

http://www.sunesha.nu/virusforum/viewtopic.php?t=1984

Ill just posted that link, in which we started a bit on this subject.

It's known fact that nowadays it's impossible to make completely new music, so you're forced to copy and imitate or just stop making music. Mut the good thing is that there's still lots of stuff that hadn't been combined before and stuff that has been completely frogotten years ago. So you're still able to make fresh new music with using old ideas with new ones. That's my vision of new and fresh music.

What about the state of electronic music? Probably the biggest probelm is ultra sterile categorisation. There's few main genres and there are sub genres and there's unfortunately one thing that combines all the genres: They're too incest and sterile. There are strict rules that everyone plays with and this leads to copy-paste effect. I just can't understand why this happens. Most of the artists just somehow don't bother to try anything new. I don't know is it because of a fear of rejection or what. I'd gladly hear insane combinations of different genres from folk to classical and electronica, but no-one seems to be trying any new combinations.

The other thing I have to say (and what I have said many times before) is that a good way to get yourself a record contract is to try something new and stand out the mass.