View Single Post
Old 21.02.2004, 10:45 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Well classical music is not really a good example...because in that day the production time on music along with the time it took to get to the audience was alot longer...and it was also subject to region...its not all about the instruments...like me and Juho have discussed b4 about the guitar...the sound it self is quite reputitious in its use...but its the player that makes the difference...and i believe this can also be used in synths...it just takes the patience to learn how to use them...you cant be a star guitar player in one year...music production i believe has become a race against time...the music industry needs songs "now" to make more money...so instead of taking the time to gain experience with the instrument i believe ppl copy just as was stated b4...just like punk...and how in the 80's the jigga jigga riff became popular...for example...a stead up down motion on the guitar...and every 4 motions (2 down 2 up) the would switch power chords...this became very popular because it was easy...not to say all were doing it but many were...i think ppl have just become impatient...they want everything now...so instead of learning the just grab what some1 else has done and copy it...this goes for all music stylings...

peace
Blank

BTW what i wanted to know was what about the songs do u not like...is it the basslines, the sounds, the chord progressions? what?