View Single Post
Old 19.07.2009, 02:14 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Sonis....

Sonis: Brand-new to this forum; I actually just joined so that I could post directly to you:

It really sounds like your TI2 is defective.

The only other thing that I can think of, is whatever you're using to load in the OS is possibly corrupting the OS data as it streams into the TI2.

I had an interesting experience with a Roland VS-2480 I picked up from GC a couple months back; I reloaded the OS to clear it out (don't initially trust used equipment purchases....especially since this one was so cheap!) several times using a 'reliable' dual-core laptop, and afterward, the VS kept rebooting and rebooting.

I contacted Roland to find out what I could do; they told me that they needed to see the machine for 100 buck minimum; they also hinted that they would reload the OS using an antiquated (but ultra-reliable) computer kept just for the purpose.

Anyway, I came up with a solution:

Since the OS was loaded via midi, I put the OS file into my Triton Extreme, and 'played' the file using the built-in sequencer.

Viola! The VS accepted the file, was restarted, and booted normally.....and has been working fine ever since!

HUGE lesson(s)!

1.) If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That may include chasing every OS update that comes along, and:

2.) There is most definitely a risk when doing an OS update; and in my VS-2480's case, it was my laptop-midi combo.

The fact that Roland support keeps an antiquated computer around just to GUARENTEE updates to VS machines that they see will be done successfully says volumes about the need to keep the OS update data stream pure to avoid the nightmare that your TI2 is causing you...I really hope that you get it staightened out, Sonis.

I got a TI1 and (2) Snows; I love mine, but I only update when the benefits truly out-weigh the risks....

Good luck, Sonis.

Sincerely,

goldenanalog

EDIT: Sonis, just to be clear: I'm hopeful that it's just a bad and/or incomplete OS loaded into your TI2, but my fear is that it is indeed 'broken.'

Please keep us informed, and (hopefully) marc & co make this right. I'd hate to be in your shoes...having something as extremely cool as a TI2, and not being able to even trust it for a minute (saw some of your video on youtube) RJH

Last edited by goldenanalog : 19.07.2009 at 02:26 AM.