View Single Post
Old 02.10.2013, 04:56 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I don't think they will go down that route at all. I think their strategy is very similar to what's been done with Ableton's Push. The idea is that a computer is running things in the background, but this new devices offer the chance of having a workflow that is similar to working with hardware, they feel like real instruments instead of just computer work.

I see them as one of the companies that really put faith on the software side of things, but are now trying to feel the gap between physical interface and the software with this new insightful devices. In other words, the emphasys is now on the interaction between the packages of software and the user at the physical level and accessibility in terms of design.

It's funny how they are all related: Ableton with Native Instruments for example, they've worked together on a number of projects and share a very similar approach. And Akai - that's helped with many controllers for Ableton and also Push, and perhaps Novation whose phylosophy with generic controllers and Live suited ones...

But would not be surprised to see a full featured DAW arrive some day by Native Instruments at all... more komplete then that is impossible