View Single Post
Old 14.02.2015, 02:53 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncerely View Post
I have a Virus T2 and an Ultranova and I think they really complement each other. There are things you can do on each that you can't do on the other. They have characteristic sounds that don't step on each other.
On latency...
A sort of rule of thumb is the speed of sound is about 1100 feet per second.
With absolutely no latency if you are about 5 feet from the speaker you have about 5ms latency.
If you are 20 feet from the speaker you have about 20ms latency.
We'll have to compare notes on Virus and Ultranova coexistence sometimes.

For me the latency issue is one of input latency - what's the delay between my keyboard input and the output sound (headphones, speakers, whatever). Once the audio is in the DAW, there's always delay compensation to fix things, but having that tight response for real-time play makes a big difference for me. I hope I can get to that point with the Snow (lots of things I haven't tried yet), but even if not, it makes a monster machine for pads or things that do not require perfect timing, and I can get lost in immersion just experimenting with some of the sounds that come out of it and sampling them.

Do you have your Virus and Ultranova both plugged in to USB at the same time? Also, are you using the audio card in either or a separate one?